The Mississauga Halton French Language Services Community of Practice (FLS CoP) welcomes you!
The purpose of the Mississauga Halton FLS CoP is to identify strategies and tactics to enhance the French language service capacity of health and social service providers and to improve Francophone access and access to French language programs and services in the region.
Local FLS maps depict Francophone populations as well as services in Halton Region. Please see the full English Report here.
Adult Mental Health and Addictions Services
- One-Link, Addictions and Mental Health Services Referral
- Canadian Mental Health Association – Halton Region Branch
Children & Youth Mental Health
- Four Corners Health Centre, Member of the Wellfort Family
- East Mississauga Community Health Centre
- Équipe de Santé Credit Valley Family Health Team
- March of Dimes Canada – Mississauga Outreach Program
- Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network
- Moyo Health and Community Services
- Public Health, Healthy Families, Halton Region
- Reflet Salvéo, French Language Health Planning Entity
Children, Youth and Families
- Child Development Resource Connection Peel
- Conseil Scolaire Catholique Mon Avenir
- Conseil Scolaire Viamonde
- Alzheimer Society of Brant, Haldimand Norfolk, Hamilton Halton
- Alzheimer Society of Peel
- Retraite Active de Peel
Community & Social Services
- Espace francophone de Halton
- Halton Multicultural Council – HMC Connections
- Halton Region, Employment & Social Services, Social & Community Services
- Peel Multicultural Council
- Réseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone, Région Centre-Sud-Ouest de l’Ontario
Services for Women
Mandate and Desired Outcomes
Collaboratively, we work together to:
Create a supportive network that allows health and social service providers, Francophone community members, Francophone community organizations, and partner organizations to regularly connect to discuss strategies to address the identified gaps in the provision of French Language Services in the region.
Bring a collective focus on outreach, health promotion, illness and injury prevention, as well as chronic disease prevention and management strategies for this under-served population.
Promote French Language Service best practices in addressing service improvement areas across health and social service sectors.
Enhance French Language Service capacity of health and social service providers to provide linguistically and culturally appropriate services.
Improve Francophone access to French language health and social services.
Our Welcoming Committee
The Mississauga Halton FLS CoP is one of the 5 subregions in Southwestern Ontario launching a Welcoming Community strategy for bilingual professionals in health and social services. The goal of this initiative includes:
- supporting the identification of students enrolled in postsecondary programs who hold a French or bilingual high school diploma
- developing and promoting Welcoming Community activities for bilingual students to promote recruitment, integration, and retention of bilingual professionals in the region
- establishing opportunities to connect bilingual professionals with FLS CoP health and social service provider organizations.
We are looking to connect with French-speaking health or social services students, or internationally educated professionals.
If you are interested in visiting inspiring workplaces in the Mississauga Halton region, networking, exploring mentorship opportunities, or finding volunteer clinical or internship placements, contact our friendly community today at: email@example.com
We want YOU to be a part of our Welcoming Community.
Come make a difference in people’s lives en français!
You are invited to a “Healthcare Professionals” virtual Speed Mentoring® en Français event
The Welcoming Community initiative for bilingual professionals in health and social services is sponsored by the French Health Network of Central Southwestern Ontario and funded by Health Canada under the Action Plan for Official Languages – 2018-2023: Investing in Our Future.
The views expressed herein do not necessarily represent the views of Health Canada.
For FLS CoP members
Toolkit to promote the Mississauga Halton French Language Services Community of Practice. You will find social media posts, including specialized images that you can use according to your preferences.
Join our Welcoming Community!
Click the button below to tell us about yourself and your interests. Find out how you can become part of our Welcoming Community.